About pageRemoved from guidelines
What problem does this solve?
The about page pattern describes how to show version, copyright and licence information to users.
How to use this pattern
All products and add-ons must make version, copyright and licence information available. This information should be placed on a single 'About' page for each each product (e.g. 'About JIRA').
A product's 'About' page should contain:
- The product logo and description
- Version, copyright and licence information for the product itself in the format below
- Version, copyright and licence information for each installed add-on in the format below
This means that each product must provide an 'About' page in such a manner that add-ons can append their 'about' information to the page. There should only be one 'About' page per product.
The product and each add-on should include the following information on the 'About' page:
- The name and version of the product or add-on in question (e.g. 'JIRA v6.0')
- A copyright statement from year of first publication to year of current release (e.g. Copyright © 2002 - 2013 Atlassian Corporation Pty Ltd)
- Applicable license information including links to any licence directories
Linking to the 'About' page
The 'About' page should be accessible to users in a prominent place within the system by placing:
- An 'About [product name]' (e.g. 'About JIRA') link in the Help menu within the application header
- If there are add-ons installed, an 'About installed add-ons' link in the Help menu that deep links to the add-ons section of the 'About' page
What happens if…
- …I need to display credits or other release notes (e.g. 'What's new')? Show any other application information in a separate page or dialog (e.g. credits page). The 'About' page should only contain the information described above.